my sc40 and sc54 hondas

• hello from ireland..and sorry i cant speak german ..
    thought id share some pics of my 1998 honda cb1300 sc40 and my new 2009 cb1300sa-8...
    i didnt want to sell my old 1300 as its mint condition,ive owned 3 of these in the past and i still have the original end exhausts for it...
    i decided to buy a brand new cb1300 4 weeks ago....i like it but still like riding the old bike..i like the grunt of the carb model..
    has anyone here ever got the rear suspension plates remade to lift the bike higher at the back..im thinking of having new ones made in stainless steel but 50 mm taller than the originals or i may just fot a set of secondhand shocks of the fuel injected model which are 50mm longer...

also does anyone know if a micron end can and link pipe that came off a 2005 cb1300 fit the 2009 model

anyone know were i can download a parts and workshop manual for the sc40 model..
    thanks
    sean

1976 SUZUKI RM125A
    1978 YAMAHA RD250E
    1980 YAMAHA DT250MX
    1981 YAMAHA RD250LC
    1981 YAMAHA YZ465H
    1998 HONDA CB1300 SF SC40
    2009 HONDA CB1300 SA SC54

• sorry, @tiger: I think nobody will know, where you can download a partlist for your SC40 ... as your official HONDA-dealer ...
    they have all access to all partlists.
    (if you can live with a "blueprint", a paper-copy, let me know ...)

greets from SC40- to SC40-owner - since 9 years/10 seasons ...

8)

Glück Auf!
    J O E

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von JOE ()

• hi joe...
    i have a feeling you have contacted me before...
    ive seen the parts list on my local honda dealers computer but says he cant give me the web address for it as he has to log onto the honda uk website with a dealer code to access it...
    id be very interested in a paper copy...please advise how i can obtain one...
    like i stated ive had 3 cb1300 sc40 models..all red/white...my current bike i smoothed all the roughness and ridges of the wheels and mirror polished them...i had the exhaust cans and link pipess made up for the bike..
    last summer i owed 2 sc40 models..i sold one to my mate who still has it..
    i have the original japanese sales brochures for them..
    i do like my new cb1300sa but ride the older bike more often..i dont ride any bikes in the wet and being from ireland its wet a lot of the time..
    here is a pic of both my 1300 sc40 bikes taken last summer...
    thanks
    sean

1976 SUZUKI RM125A
    1978 YAMAHA RD250E
    1980 YAMAHA DT250MX
    1981 YAMAHA RD250LC
    1981 YAMAHA YZ465H

• Hello Sean,

i'm owning a SC40 too - It's also a red/wite one from 1998 - 64 tkm now.

Your three problems:

First the owner-manuels or the part-list. I don't know the part-list for the SC40 on micro-fish or online. I've got two different original Honda paper-part-lists of the SC40. The dealer where i buy my parts, tires etc. also uses these part-list in a book. He told me, that there is no other way to look for it. In my opinion he's knowing what he's talking about, because he was a member of the development-team during the tests of the SC40 in the 90th. But i havn't got the time to copy it - Other members of these forum are also waiting for it.

Second owner manuels. I don't know any owner manuels unless in japanese. But i would buy one espacialy for the torsional moments of some screws in the engine etc.

Third lifting the back-end of a SC40. You are talking about 50 mm lifting. Where do you detect it ? At the shok-absorber or at the licence-plate ? I lifted my SC40 2 1/2 cm = 25 mm at the shok-absorber with stainless-steel-plates of Motor-Partner (A company here in Germany). So the lifting at the licence-plate is a bit more than 6 cm = 60 mm. If you're lifting the back-end at the shok-absorber by 5 cm, teh lifting at the licence-plate must be around 15 cm - I my opinion it'll look very special and the bike isn't ridable.

Nice to hear from other SC40-owner outside of Germany.

With best regards TT

• hi tt...
    ive spoke to a guy who fitted ohlins shocks to his sc40...they were 350mm eye to eye (shock fixing points) and the sc40 shocks are 300mm as standard...he says the bike nhandles really no different than the standard set up..maybe a little quicker steering with the rear sitting higher...ive seen his bike and it does look good..
    the shocks on the my new sc54 are 350mm as standard and i may try them on my sc40...
    the handling of my sc40 isnt great..normal for this type of bike id say so im sure the longer shocks wont make that much difference ..my bike has 12k on the clock...

how much were the rear suspension plates you bought?
    here is a couple of pics i took yesterday of my 2 hondas side by side and you can see the difference in rear height between the 2...

i have the sc40 owners manual that comes new with the bike as a pdf file..being a japenese model its in japanese...

im hoping to buy a mint 2002 10th anniversary model next week

l

1976 SUZUKI RM125A
    1978 YAMAHA RD250E
    1980 YAMAHA DT250MX
    1981 YAMAHA RD250LC
    1981 YAMAHA YZ465H

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von urbantiger ()

• Hello Sean,

i'm not talking about the little owner manual that comes with the new bike - I've got the original for my bike - I'm talking about a manual for the garage and the dealer, a big book. At Honda they are allmost green.

The mounting-kit for the back-end of the SC40 has to fit to you and your bike. So if you like - watching and riding - to lift it up like that - It's up to you. The lifting-kit of Motor-Partner costs in 2001 near by 120,00 Euros inluding tax excluding shipping costs. I bought it in the forum for a (very) lower price.

With best regards TT

TT

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TT ()