Akrapovich für SC54

• Hi an alle Treiber der "Neuen" - Ian aus Irland (ist was für Konni :) )

hat mir folgende Mail geschrieben:
    Hi Thorsten, I?m hoping your English is better than my German. I?m an Irish owner of an April 2003 latest model CB 1300, and use it for touring trips with my wife, Sunday morning ride outs and the occasional track day.
    I bought an Akrapovich full exhaust sytem for it in England, and have been experiencing problems with the collector box touching down in two situations ? on the road at a fairly moderate pace with a passenger (my wife weighs only 50kg, I?m about 105kg) if the surface is not good, and on track. The problem arose for the first time on the Nurburgring this Summer.
    I?m not very happy, but since I can?t post on your forum I was wondering if you knew if any of your forum members have experience of the Akrapovich full system (especially if they are fairly fast riders) , and if any have seen this problem or have any other information. There are not too many of these bikes in Ireland and England.
    I?ve included a picture below, plus one of the standard system which shows how low the Akrapovich system is placed. You can see the scratch marks in two places, and the fact that the springs have been worn away.
    I?m very unhappy with Akrapovich. The system in the English sellers catalogue is claimed to maximise ground clearance which it does not, it?s worse than standard. The English importer is refusing to ask Akrapovich for modified parts because they claim I?m riding the bike in a manner for which it was not designed. Yet I told them of the type of riding I did before I bought the system, they assured me it would be perfect.
    Their claim is anyway crazy, I?m a 49 year old professional guy and wife is a school teacher ? while I?m a reasonably quick rider I?m not crazy and definitely not Valentino Rossi.
    The exhaust system is clearly designed for easy manufacturing and use of standard parts, it uses two identical Y pieces at the collector. They could have solved the clearance problem very easily if they tried. I can only think that they mistakenly decided that the bike is some sort of cruiser, and that nobody would ride it in a more sporting way.
    A big mistake, the new 1300 handles well and is quite sporty. Many buying the bike over here are coming off Fireblades etc. and are looking for a bike with decent sporting performance but some more comfort. We also have pretty rough roads.
    I know that the Moriwaki full exhaust system causes no problem, I?ve seen photos and spoken to an English journalist I know who is using one on track days.
    Thank you for reading this far, and thank you for your site.
    Ian Maybury

Naas,

Co. Kildare,

Ireland

Tel: +353-(0)45-879071; +353-(0)85-3473412(m)
    UND, FALLS IHR DIREKT ANTWORTEN WOLLT:
    mailto:maybury@iol.ie[/IMG]maybury@iol.ie
    8)

Glück Auf!
    J O E

• Nun antworte auch schön brav Konni. Und nicht den Kopf in den Sand stecken!

Grüße von n.e.Ralphie
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BIG ONE-Herz-Chirurg
    [size=7]dieser Avatar wurde aufgrund außergewöhnlicher Leistungen verliehen und ist nicht übertragbar[/size]

• Thanks guys, looks like nobody has experience of the Akra system. Please excuse my non-existent German.

• Hello (h)ondablade,
    sorry, das ich dir nouw erst answer!
    and also sorry that i dir nicht so can helb about akrapovich of your SC54, i drive an ferry old SC40 which has a schicke over-exhaust on it :)
    and nochmal ver sorry about mein bad englisch.
    the joe, wo is a real ossi, can better englisch than ich, wieauchimmer, des isch mir a rätzel.
    Best Regardjes,
    Konni
    PS: speschel mail to ondablade is unnerwegs!

• Zitat

quote:Orginal von joe

Hi an alle Treiber der "Neuen" - Ian aus Irland (ist was für Konni :) )

joe meint das wohl weil ich mit meiner CB 1300 schon in Irland war, oder?

...oder wegen dem schönen ´irish restaurant´ "THE BlUE BULL" !???!

(woichdamalsnochnichtwusstedasesgab...schade, wär´n schönes foto geworden)

[Editiert durch Konni ein Donnerstag, September 30, 2004 @ 00:51]

--------------------

gruss k :) nni

Kein Weg ist zu lang für´ne gute Abkürzung

------------------------------

power is nothing without control