What preperations are you making to your bike for the ISFT?

• Hi all, my bike is currently totally stripped down, wheels out, brakes off, Exhausts off, swingingarm out etc, to clean in those hard to access areas. New tyres are on the wheels, engine service done, just the cleaning and putting back together to do. Want the bike to be perfect before I travel. I hope that after all this work, it does not rain on the way !

What jobs are you all doing to your bikes before travelling to the ISFT?

Pete in Liverpool

Mine is bigger than a big one!

• Hi Pete

i won't do anything special as i'm a driver, not a cleaner ;) But you for sure don't care about it because i will join the ISFT with my BMW ;) (I have changed the front pinion of the CB to get a shorter ratio. It's fun for short trips but the rpm's are to high while driving on highways)

regards

marc

Richtige Männer trinken keine Milch, sie essen Kühe!! 8)

• ...Marc, du kannst echt gut "Auswärts".........:D

• Zitat

Original von Toadylad GB

Nothing as simple as that:

Its 106 miles to the ISFT
    We´ve got a full tank of gas
    half a pack of cigarettes
    its dark - and we´re wearing sunglasses
    Hit it !

:D

Dont spend too much time on thinking... grease here and there, half a bottle of oil onto the chain... and there you go. An SC40 knows what to do... doesnt need any special preparance for such short distance trips ;)

2005-2023 : Lieber mit ner alten Zündapp zum Baggersee, als mit ner neuen Honda zur Arbeit

Vorbei. Ab 03/2023 nur noch Baggersee, egal mit was.... 8)

• Zitat

Original von Harald_
    ...Marc, du kannst echt gut "Auswärts".........:D

Hä? Bloss weil ich kein deutsch kann darf ich doch wenigstens kein englich können! :evil: :evil: :evil:

• Zitat

Original von Toadylad GB

Before travelling to the ISFT?

Fill Up the Tank
    Press IGN-Button
    Select First Gear
    Short Look Backward
    Turn The Throttle
    Broad Smile Up To Arrival
    Enjoy The First Beer ;)

Greets, Holger

Be Good, Be Bad, Just Be !

Lebe deine Träume, denn morgen, kannst Du gestern nicht nachholen!

• Was ein Englich? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

• Holgi, thats the way it works. 8) Change beer to single malt ;)

• ...simply START YOUR ENGINE ,

it's a HONDA =)

and mine does it now for almost 80.000 km ...
    ...with a littel help from my friend....HollyE :P

Ralph.

will nur spielen . . . :biken2:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Rosenzausel ()

• Pete wrote: "I hope that after all this work, it does not rain on the way !"
    Obviously you know nothing about Germany. Rain? What`s this ? We don`t know rain. It's warm, windless and the roads are all about without holes.

Sometimes you will meet an a..hole. You will recognize them well. These drivers take up a hat in the car and roll slowly to a green traffic light until it turns red.

Should it rain, we use the heated water from the hot asphalt for the care of the motorcycle from underneath. Don`t be afraid and come to us - to the lucky eternal sunshine land.

Because you do not need a luggage now, but bring a box with english beer, to wash our machines ....:-))))))))

Von Dresden in die halbe Welt

• And don't forget your sunblogger (30-40) :D :D :D

Männer sind Menschen, bei denen Pubertät und Midlife-Crisis fließend ineinander übergehen.

• Hi Pete,
    enjoy your trip from Liverpool to Germany.
    The region HARZ is one oft the best regions for motorbikes in Germany.
    If it will be rain, all the bikes are dirty, so it is not only a problem of yourselve. :)
    Important is only humanity .
    I am pleased to meet you in June

Best Regards
    Michael

Gruß Michael
    Ist mir egal wer Dein Vater ist, solange Ich hier angle, läufst Du nicht übers Wasser !!!

• Really looking forward to coming along in June and meeting you all. Tomorrow, I will be spending the day cleaning around the engine, in all the hard to get areas, then rebuilding the bike. currrently it is a frame, engine, wiring loom, and rear tail piece and handle bars. Tomorrow, it will be a CB1300 SUPER FOUR again !!!

My good friend Mark ( who is also coming along on his VFR) will be filling his bike with fuel. Thats the total of his preparations. ........

Cheers all,

Pete in Liverpool

• Zitat

Original von Michael CB1300

...The region HARZ is one oft the best regions for motorbikes in Germany.....
    Michael

Pete , as in real life there are different folks also in CB1300.de
    Not to say that the Harz isn't a nice place to meet, but to enjoy the best region for motorbiking in Germany one need to come to the south :P :D

Nevertheless, looking forward to see you and your friend (is he only fueling the bike ?) on the ISFT.

Cheers
    sam

Wer seinen eigenen Weg fährt, kann nicht überholt werden

• thats all he is doing towards the trip. putting fuel in the bike. maybe, if we are lucky, he may even wash the bike......

pete in liverpool

• I make myself pretty :D

Rest is as Holger said:

Die kürzeste Verbindung zwischen 2 Punkten ist eine Gerade, die schönste eine Kurve!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

• The bike now has suspension and wheel back in it, and a clean engine. Just got to re-fit the exhaust system, and give the frame a good polish, and the bike will be good to go !! Germany I come !

Pete in Liverpool

• Zitat

Original von det
    I make myself pretty :D

Rest is as Holger said:

Det, das stummelschwänzchen, das ist nicht vorhanden!!!!

:P

• Stimmt.
    Künstler halt.
    Wenn man nicht alles selbst macht ;)

Die kürzeste Verbindung zwischen 2 Punkten ist eine Gerade, die schönste eine Kurve!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

• @ det

...ich finde, dafür dass dir da offensichtlich einer über den Helm gefahren ist,
    siehst du eigentlich (noch) ganz intakt aus 8o

=)

Ralph.

• Wie kann Mann sich nur dazu herablassen, sich selbst als "Biker" zu bezeichnen? [SIZE=7]Könnenwireinengöbelsmileyeinführen?[/SIZE]

Menschen ohne Macke sind Kacke!

Bleibt wie ich bin!
    Der Bremer Stadtquerulant!

• Könnenwireinengöbelsmileyeinführen? W;0 der geht auch...

Es geht immer weiter-wie schnell, bestimmst Du selbst (von mir)

• Zitat

Original von UKO
    Wie kann Mann sich nur dazu herablassen, sich selbst als "Biker" zu bezeichnen? [SIZE=7]Könnenwireinengöbelsmileyeinführen?[/SIZE]

...na noch konnte das ja keiner wirklich ERklären, was dieses "BöseWort" beinhaltet,

aber wer hinter det herfährt / fahren möchte,
    der muss schon recht gut mit dem Kammschen Kreis auch real umgehen können
    (und nicht nur fahrschultheoretisch)

;)

Ralph.

• Bei der Airbrush-Geschichte wurde nicht alles so umgesetzt wie ich es wollte.
    Wir hatten über "det" gesprochen und nicht über "Biker det". Das was draus wurde, nennt sich wohl "künstlerische Freiheit".
    Da ich aber den Unterschied zwischen "Motorradfahrer" und "Biker" nicht kenne außer, daß das eine Deutsch und das andere Englisch ist) kann's so bleiben.
    Und einen Vorteil hat's: Toadylad braucht kein Dictionary :D
    ... und um den ging's doch hier, oder ?(

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von det ()

• Cool, mir gefällt's auch! yellowsmile Welche Farbe hat denn deine Jacke?

.....(¯`°v°´¯)
    .......(_.^._).....(¯`°v°´¯)
    ........................(_.^._)

• Schwarz.
    Helle Farbe an der Bekleidung eignet sich nicht für mich 8o
    Aber Mopped ist halt gelb, deshalb mußte der Helm her.

Übrigens Zausel:
    Danke noch für die Blumen mit dem kammschen Kreis. Hab grad mal geWIKIPEDIAt. Mit was ich mich alles auskenne 8o

• Ich finds gut. Die kleine "künstlerische Freiheit"... was solls ?
    Musst halt nur aufpassen, dass dich Bibo nicht während der Paarungszeit erwischt

Pete: scared now ?? :D :D :D

2005-2023 : Lieber mit ner alten Zündapp zum Baggersee, als mit ner neuen Honda zur Arbeit

• Zitat

Original von Moppedfahrer
    Ich finds gut. Die kleine "künstlerische Freiheit"... was solls ?
    Musst halt nur aufpassen, dass dich Bibo nicht während der Paarungszeit erwischt

Pete: scared now ?? :D :D :D

So lange ich auf der CB sitze, habe ich keine Bedenken
    Risiko = Radius kammscher Kreis / Geschwindigkeit => Risiko gegen 0
    ... aber wenn ich dann absteige 8o

• Jetzt kapier ich endlich, wie die auf das Wort "vögeln" gekommen sind :D :D

Papageno-Grüsse
    aus Mannem

• It Lives !!!

My CB1300 isall back together,and nearly ready to go !!! Just the finishing touches, and its all done.

see you all soon !!

Pete in Liverpool

• Pete,

are there any CB Drivers from West Germany which are meet you on the way to Stiege? I'am thinking, that you will come via Netherland and Ruhrarea?

If not, I'am sure that there will be anybody to arrange something!

cu

Peter

Männer sind Menschen, bei denen Pubertät und Midlife-Crisis fließend ineinander übergehen.

• Hi Peter,

I have spoken with Nico, He is following a similar route.
    My route will be Rotterdam, Nijmegen, Essen, Unna, Kassel, Gottingen then Stiege.

I have just worked out the route on the tomtom, with stops. It's 590 KM. 4-5 hours travelling plus stops.I think that I will arrive mid-afternoon on the Friday.

My bikeis all ready, and set to go, now its just the waiting....

Cheers then,

Pete in Liverpool

• Zitat

Original von Toadylad GB
    Hi Peter,

I have spoken with Nico, He is following a similar route.
    My route will be Rotterdam, Nijmegen, Essen, Unna, Kassel, Gottingen then Stiege.

I have just worked out the route on the tomtom, with stops. It's 590 KM. 4-5 hours travelling plus stops.I think that I will arrive mid-afternoon on the Friday.

Hallööchen...mit 2-öchen,

I'm excited, from Rotterdam, in the resin, stairs.
    This is indeed a Dolles meeting.

Greetings Karsten

MfG Karsten -------- _@
    --------------------- `\ <,
    -------------------.(*)/#(*)

Nur ein Motorradfahrer versteht warum ein Hund seinen Kopf aus dem Autofenster hält.

• Hi Pete! I have done some changes in your posting to show the pic to all of the users! uhjeen :)